Ten Pitfalls of Leadership
- Sexual sin
- Mental laziness
- Spiritual lethargy
- Domestic neglect
- Administrative carelessness
- Prolonged position (page 260, Spiritual Leadership)
Henry Blackaby Quotes
- God is interested in developing your character. At times He lets you proceed, but He will never let you go too far without discipline to bring you back. In your relationship with God, He may let you make a wrong decision. Then the Spirit of God causes you to recognize that it is not God’s will. He guides you back to the right path.
- The Christian needs to walk in peace, so no matter what happens they will be able to bear witness to a watching world.
- What an incredible witness it is to a lost and fearful society when the Christian acts like a child of God, living under the loving sovereignty of the Heavenly Father.
- Perhaps you began to question God’s love or His wisdom. Maybe you were afraid to say that He was wrong, but you sort of said, “God, you deceived me in letting me believe that this was the right thing to do. Why didn’t you stop me?” A whole lot of wrong things can happen if you try to look at God from the middle of circumstances.
- When God spoke to Moses and others in the Old Testament, those events were encounters with God. An encounter with Jesus was an encounter with God for the disciples. In the same way an encounter with the Holy Spirit is an encounter with God for you.
- God speaks through a variety of means. In the present God primarily speaks by the Holy Spirit, through the Bible.
- The Holy Spirit doesn’t need to equip you for what you’re not going to do, so if you’re in rebellion against Jesus and refusing His right to be Lord, He doesn’t need to send the Holy Spirit to equip you for service. And, tragically, you miss out on the joy that He brings. The Holy Spirit doesn’t need to equip you for what you’re not going to do, so if you’re in rebellion against Jesus and refusing His right to be Lord, He doesn’t need to send the Holy Spirit to equip you for service. And, tragically, you miss out on the joy that He brings.