Developing teamwork cannot be accomplished without healthy leadership.
Teams usually develop due to the need to accomplish a task and the realization that it takes more than one person. If goals are to be reached, it is best to call upon the skills of an experienced and trained point person. This person usually becomes the leader!
- Lead and inspire people. Don’t try to manage and manipulate people. Inventories can be managed but people must be lead. —Ross Perot
- Leaders aren’t born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal. —Vince Lombardi
- Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them. —John C. Maxwell
- Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. —John F. Kennedy
- Leadership cannot just go along to get along. Leadership must meet the moral challenge of the day. —Jesse Jackson
- Leadership does not always wear the harness of compromise. —Woodrow Wilson
- Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. —Norman Schwarzkopf
- Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. —Colin Powell
- Leadership is the key to 99 percent of all successful efforts. —Erskine Bowles
- Leadership is unlocking people’s potential to become better. —Bill Bradley