Here are a few quotes about teamwork to help as you are working on the development of your team organization. If you have ever come across a great quote that you would like to share, please do! Simply go to the bottom of this page and post your comment or quote in the box that says, “It would be great for you to share your thoughts!”
Team Building Basics
- Define the goal for team building.
- Find leaders who support team building.
- Find employees who complement each other in a team.
- Ensure members and the leader seek constructive assessment and feedback. – Gail L. Perry, Freelance Writer / MSW, Life Coach
- Team spirit elevates with a broad-based contribution to the group effort. It’s especially important for the high-performing leader to avoid the situation of one or two people being the only contributors during a meeting. -Teamwork Strategies for High-Level Managers, Andrew J. DuBrin, Ph.D.
- Establishing highly effective and proficient team of professionals who can perform together in an environment of open communication and idea sharing-both internally and externally- is critical. –Christine Corelli
- Becoming skilled at doing more with others may be the single most important thing you can do. –Christopher Avery
- The speed of the leader is the speed of the team. –John Maxwell
- There is much organizational work that is better done by an individual. Trying to bring teamwork to bear on every process and activity is likely to create something that has a scary resemblance to the dreaded “management by committee.” –Mark Sanborn
- A team is a group of people, contributing their individual knowledge and skills but working together to achieve a common goal/task. -Unknown
- For teamwork to work, it must be embraced–in principle and in practice–by everyone in the organization. –Mark Sanborn
- Teams work well because individuals often do not have all the knowledge and skills necessary. –Unknown
- Neil Armstrong didn’t get to the moon through rugged individualism; there is no such thing as a self-made astronaut. -Jerry Useem, FORTUNE Magazine
- Teamwork success is not automatic. –Unknown
- Men work together, whether they work together or apart.–Robert Frost
- In getting good results team leaders become conductor rather than driver, enabling others to play the right music, not by hands-on domination of all decisions and execution, but by providing inspiration, motivation and stimulus. –Robert Heller
4 C’s of Teamwork