Here are a few quotes about teamwork to help as you are working on the development of your team organization. If you have ever come across a great quote that you would like to share, please do! Simply go to the bottom of this page and post your comment or quote in the box that says, “It would be great for you to share your thoughts!”
Here are some things to take into consideration when you are looking at your team:
- Does your team have agreed-upon goals they created as a team?
- Do the players openly encourage and support one another?
- Do they have open communication with one another, as well as the coaching staff?
- Does each player know what their role on the team is?
- Is there mutual respect among the players and coaching staff?
- Do players use statements such as “we” when referring to the team, or is it more of an “every man for himself” mentality?
- Have they created a positive team image for themselves?
- Are the individual contributions of each player recognized (regardless of whether he/she is a starter or not a starter)?
- Is the team as a whole committed to improving performance?
- Does each member consider themselves as a “team player?”- Brian MAC Sports Coach
- A team is defined as any workplace group with a common goal and ownership of shared responsibility in achieving that goal. –Unknown
- It’s one thing to rejoice in your successes with the group, but don’t act like a superstar. Doing this will make others regret your personal successes and may create tension within the group. You don’t have to brag to let people know you’ve done a good job, people will already know. Have faith that people will recognize when good work is being done and that they’ll let you know how well you’re doing. Your response? Something like “Thanks, that means a lot.” is enough. –Effective Meetings.com
- Effective leadership is one of the most important components of in the development of good teamwork. –Unknown