Here are a few quotes about burnout to help as you are working on the development of your team organization. If you have ever come across a great quote that you would like to share, please do! Simply go to the bottom of this page and post your comment or quote in the box that says, “It would be great for you to share your thoughts!”
- Burnout and stress are both physiological and psychological. –Unknown
Modern Causes of Stress and Burnout
- The pressure of a technological age- traditionally our forebears spent most of their lives working at means rather than ends. Modern technology permits us to obtain these ends with minimal effort.
- An era of increasing lawlessness and violence.
- Being a cog in the gigantic machine of life.
- The waning of religion and tradition.
- The stress of political disunity
- Terrorism – Clive T. Goodworth
- Is burnout truly a new phenomenon or is it simply an old phenomenon with a new label? For instance, at various times burnout has been equated with tedium, (job) stress, (job) dissatisfaction (reactive or professional depression, alienation, low morale, anxiety, (job) strain, tension, feeling worn out, experiencing flame out, tension, conflict, pressure, nerves, boredom (chronic or emotional) fatigue, poor mental health, crisis, helplessness, vital exhaustion, and hopelessness. -Wilmar B Schaufeli, Christina Maslach and Tadeusz Marek
- Burnout is — A negative state of physical, emotional, and mental exhaustion that is the end result of a gradual process of disillusionment. It is typically found among highly motivated individuals who work over long periods of time in situations that emotionally demanding. – Wilmar B Schaufeli, Christina Maslach and Tadeusz Marek