Inspiring Quotes for Leaders from Oswald Chambers
Oswald Chambers was a great scholar and theologian. He is best known for his daily devotional guide called My Utmost For His Highest .
This video was created by selecting some of Oswald’s best quotes to help those trying to be productive leaders.
Great Advice for Leaders from Oswald Chambers – Quotes
• Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading.
• Have you been asking God what He is going to do? He will never tell you. God does not tell you what He is going to do; He reveals to you Who He is.
• Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.
• The remarkable thing about God is that when you fear God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you fear everything else.
• Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time.
• Doubt is not always a sign that a man is wrong; it may be a sign that he is thinking.
• One of the greatest strains in life is the strain of waiting for God.
• It is inbred in us that we have to do exceptional things for God: but we have not. We have to be exceptional in the ordinary things, to be holy in mean streets, among mean people, and this is not learned in five minutes!
• When you are in the dark, listen, and God will give you a very precious message.
• The whole point of getting things done is knowing what to leave undone.
• God did not direct His call to Isaiah— Isaiah overheard God saying, “. . . who will go for Us?” The call of God is not just for a select few but for everyone. Whether I hear God’s call or not depends on the condition of my ears, and exactly what I hear depends upon my spiritual attitude.
• We are built for the valley, for the ordinary stuff we are in, and that is where we have to prove our mettle.
• You will never cease to be the most amazed person on earth at what God has done for you on the inside.
• The life of faith is not a life of mounting up with wings, but a life of walking and not fainting.
• God does not give us overcoming life; He gives us life as we overcome.
• We should always choose our books as God chooses our friends, just a bit beyond us, so that we have to do our level best to keep up with them.
• The great enemy of the life of faith in God is not sin, but the good which is not good enough. The good is always the enemy of the best.
• We always know when Jesus is at work because He produces in the commonplace something that is inspiring.
• There are certain things we must not pray about – moods, for instance. Moods never go by praying, moods go by kicking.
• Tolerating a wrong attitude toward another person causes you to follow the spirit of the devil, no matter how saintly you are.
• Never look for justice in this world, never cease to give it.
• God’s end is to enable me to see that he can walk on the chaos of my life just now.
What do you think about these inspiring quotes?