According to George Barna, these facts should be shared with the leaders in the early stages of team development:
- The Bible endorses team development.
- No more “superheroes” will be needed if we work as a team.
- True community will develop if we grow teams.
- Less stress will be experienced by the staff and church members if we work as a team.
- Greater synergy (the use of all gifts) will be experienced if we use teams.
- More innovation will take place if we use teams.
- Greater joy will be experienced by more people if we work as a team.
- The priesthood of believers will take place when teams are put to work.
- Team development will facilitate numerical growth.
- Teams relieve the senior pastor and allows him to prepare himself for the spiritual leadership of the church.7
Creating and maintaining a team mentality is the first step for any leader who
desires to create a team concept. The leader must accept and adapt to a team approach
before the others will respond.