What is character development all about?
Dwight Eisenhower once coined the virtues for any great character as
- the power of speak clearly
- deep insight
Character is needed for the success of any person or organization.
The Apostle Paul once wrote, “Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” ~ 1 Corinthians 15:33 In his letter to Ephesus (Ephesians 4:17-32) Paul pointed out 19 principles for character development.
1. Throw off old habits
2. Renew your thoughts
3. Refresh your attitude
4. Put away all falsehood
5. Do not let anger control you
6. Do not let the sun go down on your anger
7. Use your hands for honest work
8. Give generously
9. Let every word you say be good and helpful
10. Do not disappoint God by the way you live
11. Get rid of bitterness
12. Get rid of rage
13. Get rid of anger
14. Get rid of harsh and hateful words
15. Do not slander anyone
16. Do not grow malicious behavior
17. Be kind to others
18. Allow yourself to be tender-hearted
19. Forgive others as God has forgiven you
What do you think about Paul’s list? How do you feel about these 19 principles for character development?