Are you leading your group in a productive way? How are you managing the team you are leading? It is not enough to be busy. Helping people get results is what healthy management is all about. Here are a few suggestions to help you manage for results:
- Make sure the right people are in the right job.
- Give every team member a clear understanding of where their job responsibilities begin and end.
- Make sure that every person on the team knows the overall objectives of the organization.
- Lead them to see how their work will help achieve the group’s goals.
- Convince those you lead that running in different directions means wasted time.
- Give help and attention to low achievers. Help those who seem to be busy but who don’t accomplish much.
- Try tactfully to correct bad work habits and negative attitudes so teamwork success can take place.
- Help team members get to the heart of what is trying to be accomplished.
So, how are you managing your group?
What would you add to this list of eight?