Are you leading your group in a productive way?
How are you managing the team you are leading well?
It is not enough to just be busy.
Helping people get results is what healthy leadership is all about. Here are a eight suggestions to help you manage for good results:
- Make sure the right people are in the right job.
- Give every group member a clear understanding of where their job responsibilities begin and end.
- Make sure that every person in the group knows the overall objectives of the organization.
- Lead them to see how their work will help achieve the goals of the group.
- Convince those you lead that running in different directions means wasted time.
- Give help and attention to low achievers. Help those who seem to be busy but who don’t accomplish much.
- Try tactfully to correct bad work habits and negative attitudes so teamwork success can take place.
- Help team members get to the heart of what is trying to be accomplished.
So, how are you managing your group?
What would you add to this list of eight?