Have you asked the question, ‘What makes a good leader?” Every organization, business, charity group and church needs to ask this question. Here are a few quotes that help find good leaders.
- True leadership is tested and proved in crises. The real leader is the one who can handle the stress. He is the one who can solve the problems, bear the burdens, find the solutions, and win the victories when everyone else is merely flustered, confounded, and perplexed. – John MacArthur, The Book on Leadership, p. 45.
- A leader must have a servant’s heart. And if he has a servant’s heart, he will act like a servant and react like a servant when he is treated like a servant. – Wayne Mack, Strengthening Your Marriage, 1999, p. 33
- Nobody is fit to be a leader unless he would rather be a follower instead of a leader. – Jack Hyles
- According to Scripture, virtually everything that truly qualifies a person for leadership is directly related to character. It’s not about style, status, personal charisma, clout, or worldly measurements of success. Integrity is the main issue that makes the difference between a good leader and a bad one. – John MacArthur, Grace to You Newsletter, Oct. 15.
- Example is leadership. – Albert Schweitzer
- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. – John C. Maxwell
- How could I get up there and say, ‘People, we’ve got to do better,’ when I was the poster child for everything that was wrong? I’ve always believed leaders don’t ask others to do what they’re unwilling to do. – Mike Huckabee
- A true and safe leader is likely to be one who has no desire to lead, but is forced into a position of leadership by the inward pressure of the Holy Spirit and the press of the external situation. – A.W. Tozer