On my way to work today, I passed by a church I had passed hundreds of times before. Today was different. Standing in the front lawn of the church worship center was a large sign – “FOR SALE.” The church had closed, the people are gone and all that is left is a building that needs a buyer.
Why do churches die? What causes this to take place? Here are a few thoughts:
Reasons Churches Die
- No Vision (There is no vision of what can be.)
- No Zeal (There is no fuel for the spiritual journey.)
- No Hunger for Success (We like it just the way it is!)
- No Target (We are not aiming for anything.)
- No Presence of the Holy Spirit (We really are not counting on God to do anything.)
How is your church doing? Is your fellowship alive or is there a closing date in the near future? It is really sad to see a “FOR SALE” sign in a church parking lot.
What do you think?
Related articles across the web