What is anger management all about? One thing is for sure, anger is a powerful emotion. Do you know how to deal with anger?
Many people do not know how to control anger. This emotion can be a destructive force. Here are 20 quotes and sayings on how to deal with anger.
What is Anger?
- Anger is one letter short of danger. – Author Unknown
- Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. – Baptist Beacon
- Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. – Mark Twain
- Anger is a bad counselor. – French Proverb
- Anger is a feeling that makes your mouth work faster than your mind. – Unknown Author
- For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy. – Aristotle
- A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control. – Proverbs 29:11
- There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot. – Plato
- Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools. – Ecclesiastes 7:9
How to Control Your Anger
- If you are patient in a moment of anger, you will escape one hundred days of sorrow. – Chinese Proverb
- Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered, – Proverbs 22:24
- People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing. – Will Rogers
- A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. – Proverbs 15:1
- Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep. – Mahatma Gandhi
Define Anger and Take Control of Yourself
- Sometimes when I’m angry I may have the right to be angry, but that doesn’t give me the right to be cruel. – Author Unknown
- Malice drinks one-half of its own poison. – Seneca
- Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. – Buddha
- Whate’ers begun in anger ends in shame. – Benjamin Franklin
- Anger doesn’t solve anything! It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything! – Unknown Author
Have you come across a great quote that helps you deal with anger and anger management?
Do you have a good anger definition or quote to share?