Does your organization, business or church know how to develop leadership? What kind of leader are you? How do you define a good leader? Do you know someone who you would classify as a strong leader?
Here are 12 great quotes for leadership development. See if any of these sound like you.
- “When people respect you as a person, they admire you. When they respect your as a friend, they love you. When they respect you as a leader, they follow you.” – John Maxwell
- “A leader does not deserve the name unless he is willing to occasionally stand alone.” – Henry Kissinger
- “One measure of leadership is the caliber of people who choose to follow you.” – Dennis A. Peer
- “The leader must know, must know he knows, and must be able to it make it abundantly clear to those about him that he knows.” – Clarence B. Randall
- “There is always hope for a leader who wants to grow.” – John Maxwell
- “It’s not the position that makes the leader; it’s the leader that makes the position.” – Stanley Huffty
- “It is the capacity to develop and improve their skills that distinguishes leaders from followers.” – Bennnis and Nanus
- ” A leader is one who sees more than others see, and who sees before others do.” – Leroy Elms
- “When a person moves into a position of authority, he or she gives up the right to abuse people.” – Darryl Hartley-Leonard
- “Great leaders gain authority by giving it away.” – James B. Stockdale
- “Leaders tell but never teach until they practice what they preach.” – Featherstone
- “A leader is the one who climbs the tallest tree, surveys the entire situation, and yells, “Wrong jungle!” – Stephen Covey
What is the best quote you have come across on leadership development?