- Slow down to help others understand you.
- Give people time to talk without interrupting.
- Give people time to confer with others.
- Keep language as simple as possible.
- Save time and your sanity by doubling your communication efforts.
- Be honest; don’t pretend to understand what you don’t.
- Pay attention to what is said and not said, and how something is said.
- Ask questions and check for shared meaning.
- Consolidate understanding.
- Make your questions straightforward.
Phil Van Auken, Virtual Teamwork: Building Your Own Professional Community of Productivity and Meaning.
Dale is the creator of "Like A Team."He has been working with businesses, charity organizations, volunteer groups and church groups in the development of teamwork for over 25 years.The goal of "Like A Team" is to help share the knowledge and skills of healthy team creators across the planet.